A beautiful church bearing the memory of an enormous courage in the fight against the Nazi´s during the World War II.
The church probably owes its Baroque verve to Kilian Ignaz Dientzenhofer and was built from 1730 to 1736. The interior of the Orthodox church features stucco paintings by Michele Ignazio Palliardi and frescos by Jan Adam Schöpf.
The Czech paratroopers who assassinated Deputy Reich Protector Reinhard Heydrich on the 27th May 1942 in Operation Anthropoid died here on the 18th June 1942. The pursuers had been treacherously tipped-off that the assassins were hiding in the crypt of the church. After a fierce gun battle, they committed suicide to avoid capture.
National Memorial to the Heroes of the Heydrich Terror is in the church´s crypt. There are a small museum and a memorial wall plaque.
Distance from Boutique hotel Seven Days: 15 min by walk, see the map.